We are currently looking for a Staff Accountant preferably with experience in Yardi Voyager. If you are interested, would like to learn more or know someone who is - we would love to hear from you. Please contact Rhonda at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 559-266-8000 ext 223
Construction Superintendent / Estimator
Tutelian is currently looking for a full-time Construction Superintendent / Estimator, responsible for all aspects of the construction bidding specifications and drawings under the direction of the Project Manager. The ideal applicant will be able to utilize at least 10 years prior experience to ensure that a complete and accurate understanding of the size and scope of work is obtained and laid out for development plans and budgets. The role will range from the construction of major developments to tenant improvements, so flexibility and understanding in all aspects of construction and building maintenance is essential.
The ideal applicant is analytical, well organized, intelligent, ambitious, aggressive, competitive, flexible, decisive, independent, innovative, responsible, personable but firm, able to conceptualize, and able to manage people.
Candidate must have exceptional communication and formal presentation skills.
Four-year degree in Construction Management or similar field greatly desired. The successful candidate must be computer literate and capable of scope analysis, quantity surveying, pricing and bidding complete project requirements.
Construction Superintendent / Estimator Roles and Responsibilities
• Read and understand full plan sets, perform take-offs and generate and bid specifications.
• Bid project, analyze bids to specifications.
• Generate and manage project budgets, cost controls and project related invoicing.
• Generation and maintenance of Critical Path Method scheduling.
• Coordination of subcontractors, vendors, material suppliers, labor, inspectors, testing labs and others as required to fulfill the requirements of the schedule.
• Supervise subcontract work, foremen and assist them in their development of short-range operational plans.
• Monitor scheduled progress versus actual project performance and make schedule adjustments when necessary to recover lost time or project costs.
• Evaluate the effectiveness of each operation for quality, timeliness, cost-effectiveness and productivity.
• Responsible for the generation of all change order requests/time extension requests and claims.
• Responsible for safety planning and ensuring that safe working conditions prevail at all times. Conducts weekly safety meetings and inspections. Assures that the Company Safety Policy and all applicable safety codes and requirements are adhered to constantly and consistently. Assures various insurance forms are completed when necessary.
• Responsible for the proper documentation of all aspects of the work and to establish and maintain appropriate document control.
• Responsible for timely submittal of all reports as required and/or requested by Project Management.
• 3 – 5-year project superintendent/estimating experience
• Bachelor’s Degree (Construction Engineering) preferred
• Ability to read, comprehend and interpret: plans, general and technical specifications, contracts and subcontracts, laws, codes and ordinances, and to possess the ability to enforce their intent.
• Able to make presentations, conduct meetings and otherwise competently represent Tutelian at outside business functions. Able to effectively communicate Company and project goals to others.
• Able to prepare well-written letters, proposals, claims, and reports without assistance from others.
Send your resume and details to Rhonda@tutelian.com or call 559.266.8000 ext 223 for more details